Accessible Design/Universal Design Resources
Seven Principles of Universal Design
- Equitable Use: The design is useful and marketable to any
group of users.
- Flexibility in Use: The design accommodates a wide range of
individual preferences and abilities.
- Simple and Intuitive Use: Use of the design is easy to
- Perceptible Information: The design communicates necessary
information effectively to the user.
- Tolerance for Error: The design minimizes hazards and the
adverse consequences of accidental or unintentional actions.
- Low Physical Effort: The design can be used efficiently and
- Size and Space for Approach and Use: Appropriate size and
space is provided for approach and use.
Books to Buy! Available in association with Amazon.com
[disAbility Resources Main Page]
Send comments, corrections to: email@example.com
[Disclaimer, Copyright and Donation Information]
[Return to Top]
Last Modified: Thursday, 18-Apr-2013 18:10:38 MST